Watermelon Recipe Opinion
Ok, to be honest when someone told me they were bring a dish with watermelon and tomatoes to a girls night out, the idea did not appeal to me, but then I remembered my grandmother in the garden saying ” what grows together goes together”, and after I tasted this recipe I have to agree. The trick to making this particular summer salad is to use very ripe watermelon, tomatoes and cucumbers that are at their peak of flavor.
I also love that this is a wholesome recipe – it's a contrast in flavors that makes your taste buds dance, and ask fro more- a tropical salsa that's refreshing and an incredible change of pace. And you can put it all with each other just before you go if require be. Folks love to try this different watermelon and peach salsa and it really is usually the talk in the get-together or party no matter the group, whether raw fooders, vegans, vegetarians or not.
It is a really nice recipe that allows you to use fresh fruits of the season, and add a colorful addition to the table. If you would prefer it on the sweeter side you can skip the hot pepper jelly, but it is a surprise ingredient that many will not expect. You can also just make the recipe with the first 5 or 6 ingredients and serve fish or pork. Alternative sto the recipe are to add feta cheese, and substitute other fresh fruits such as grapes or strawberries for the water melon.
This recipe…takes a little preparation just about 10 -15 minutes and yields about 6-8 servings or so. And it keeps nicely inside the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Ensure that to use organic peaches mainly because when non-organic peaches are sprayed there's no way to wash off the pesticide residue – it will be absorbed inside skin.
Recipe For Watermelon And Peach Salsa
Ingredients Recommended, but you can adjust for taste
- 1/2 cup hot pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups seeded and diced fresh watermelon
- 1 cup peeled and diced fresh peaches
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 3 cups baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
1. Whisk together pepper jelly, lime zest, and lime juice in a bowl; stir in watermelon and next 3 ingredients.
2. Season halved baby tomatoes with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste; spoon into cocktail glasses
3. Top with chopped cilantro, or mint as the garnish, if desired.
http://www.buyblueberrybushes.com has more videos on growing blueberry bushes if you are interested : )